First you need to create a Google account password. It will be helpful to configure outlook for use with G-suite. You can use the same password for this connection and for the mobile device also.
- Log in to Gmail.
- Click the gear in the top right.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the IMAP Access section, select Enable IMAP.
- Click Save Changes.
- Go to www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps. From there select the option to Turn on access for less secure apps.
- Start Microsoft Outlook.
- On the same computer if you are upgrading from the previous version your settings carry over automatically.
- Secondly, if you already have an outlook account set up and want to add the another one. Then click on the file tab and then click add account.
- If this is the first time you are adding an account, the Welcome window displays. Click Next to display the Add an Email Account window. Select Yes to set up Outlook and then click Next.
- Click Manual setup or additional server types and then click Next.
3. Click POP or IMAP as your service and then click Next.
4. Enter the following account settings:
- Your Name: your name
- E-mail Address: your@novelwebsolution email address
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming mail server: imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.novelwebsolution.com
- User Name: your JohnID
- Password: leave blank
- Remember password: unchecked
- Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA): unchecked
- Click the More Settings button.
6. With the General tab selected, enter a name for your mail account, such as Novel web solution Email, if you wish. Otherwise, the mail account name defaults to your email address.
7. Click the Outgoing Server tab and enter the following information:
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication: checked
- Use same settings as my incoming mail server: selected
- Click the Advanced tab and enter the following information:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: TLS
- (Make sure this doesn’t change your outgoing server setting, above.)
- Purge items when switching folders while online: checked
- Click OK to close the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box.
10. In the Add Account window, click Next.
11. Here you will be prompted for your password twice:
- For imap.gmail.com server: enter your firstname.lastname@example.org and your Google account password
- For smtp.stanford.edu server: enter your JohnID and your JohnID password
Leave the Save this password in your password list box unchecked and then click OK.
- Later Microsoft Outlook will send you a test message to verify that your account can send and receive email. If the Test Account Settings dialog box shows that the tests completed successfully, click Close. If the tests fail, recheck your configuration settings.
13.You may be prompted to log in again with your JohnID and JohnID password.
14.Click Finish to complete the setup of you email account.
Like and Share our Facebook Page.